Share with friends ...
A firm favourite with locals and water sports enthusiasts Overcombe Beach at the far end of the Preston Beach Wall Esplanade is a perfect place to dine al fresco and enjoy the views.
The wide shingle beach at Overcombe whilst popular never really feels crowded but is a hive of activity throughout the year as it’s the place to go in Weymouth Bay for Kayaking and Windsurfing.
On the beach you’ll find Cafe Oasis a firm favourite for refreshments on the beach after a walk along the seafront. The cafe it’s self has a car park , you’ll need to pay and display but show your ticket when paying in the cafe and you’ll get a discount off your parking fee. Two or three minutes walk from the beach on The Preston road there is also a local council run pay and display car park. If your an early bird you may also be lucky enough to find a free roadside parking space but on summer days they get filled up very quick.
Overcombe beach can get a little exposed to the winds, it’s why windsurfers love it so much but on rough windy days we’d advise against recreational swimming here unless you’re a strong swimmer. On normal fine summers days though it’s fine.
Facilities at Overcombe Beach
- Dogs: Allowed on the beach at Overcombe Beach
- Safety: There are no lifeguards on duty at this beach in emergency call The Coastguard on 999
- Car Parking: There is a pay and display car park right on the beach at Cafe Oasis. Free on road parking is also available but it tends reach capacity early on busy summer days. Pay and display council car park in Preston Road two minutes walk from the beach
- Refreshments & Facilities: Cafe, Windsurfing & Kayaking launching and shop on beach. There is a newsagent and general store on The Preston Road just over the road from the beach.
- Activities: Walking, Kayaking, Windsurfing, Kite Surfing
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.